We support you to understand and apply the RSB Standard to your operations and prepare you for certification via consultation, staff training, and support for relevant aspects of the standard.Contact Us
The RSB Standard helps reduce social and environmental risks, and the RSB provides support in the integration of the Standard into project development. We can also assist investors to integrate the RSB Standard into their due diligence processes.Learn More
The RSB’s expert team will help you understand the sustainability aspects of your project or technology and guide you in plans for scaling-up and replication to facilitate future RSB certification.Contact Us
A unique aspect of the RSB Standard is its approach to engaging and working with stakeholders. We can help you prepare a well-implemented stakeholder consultation to build support for your operations and reduce the risk of adverse impacts.Contact Us
Our team will support you in carrying out your GHG calculations, or assist you in using our own market-leading online calculator.Contact Us
We can help you understand the global sustainability principles of the Standard and how they can be applied for policy and regulation at your national or regional context.Contact Us
We help you implement the management procedures for tracking sustainable material through your facilities, including operating a mass balance system.Contact Us
• Mapping of biomass supply chains that have been selected by the cliente.
• Description of RSB sustainability criteria that apply for selected biomass types (e.g. crops, residues etc.) and supply chain operators (e.g. cultivation, trade, processing) in the region of operation (e.g. food insecure region, region of poverty)
• Describing methods to establish traceability in the mapped supply chain (i.e. documentation of sustainability from the biomass cultivation through to the final use).
• Discussing recommendations for ensuring sustainability and traceability and next steps related to RSB certification.
Mapping report with recommendations
RSB offers an analysis of sustainability standards or management practices already used in the supply chain, includinga benchmark of the sustainability standards and management practices, including GHG calculation, used in the supply chain against the RSB standard.
Gap analysis report and recommendations for potential corrective actions.
RSB experts will provide advice during the period that the client is preparing for the certification. The following activities will be performed:
• Guidance on the definition of RSB Scope(s) for certification;
• Support during the RSB application process and use of pre-assessment tools (Risk assessment and Screening exercise);
• Review the GHG calculation prepared by the client;
• Review the ESMP (Environmental and Social Management Plan) prepared by the client;
• Review the Chain of custody systems and procedures prepared by the client;
• Guidance related to potential arrangements including smallholder groups and their management system;
• Support the client in the organization for third part audits (RSB audits are performed by accredited independent Certification Bodies and should be negotiated and contracted directly by the client; costs of audits are not covered by this current proposal);
• Guidance on other topics that are likely to arise during the implementation and preparation for certification.
Guidance and reviewed documents
RSB experts will develop a “Sustainability protocol” in line with RSB standards, to be applied by the company and, or its partners / suppliers.
This protocol aims to be a user friendly and consistent “key for decision” for evaluation of feedstocks, as per RSB definitions. The protocol will also refer to the applicable RSB standards and documents and provide guidance related to their implementation. If the company or its suppliers wants to go ahead with RSB certification, they will have the “road map” from the “Sustainability Protocol.
A user friendly “Sustainability Protocol” to be tested in a case study selected by the client.
RSB requires stakeholder consultation by growers, producers and processing facilities seeking certification. Auditors of these facilities also carry out a stakeholder consultation.
RSB experts will suggest optimum ways for the client to organise and document this process. The following topics will be covered:
• Identification of stakeholders (local/regional/national);
• Communications with different types of stakeholders;
• Communicating with staff.
• Outcomes from discussion on stakeholder lists summarised.
• Review of the client stakeholder list and procedure for carrying out stakeholder consultation and suggestion for improvements
RSB can support a client in identifying sustainable feedstock sources for a future product or production facility
• A summary of current volume and energy production potential of all selected feedstocks that meet RSB principles;
• A summary of the amount of land available for the production of all selected feedstocks, including a discussion of indirect land use change;
RSB staff will prepare a training course, customised to the clients needs. It will allow the operator’s team or suppliers to familiarise themselves with the main aspects of RSB certification and to implement the standards in their context. The following topics will be covered by the training session:
a. RSB Scheme Overview
b. RSB Principles & Criteria
c. Screening Tool and Self Risk Assessment
d. Environmental and Social Management Plan
e. Chain of Custody & RSB Claims
f. GHG Calculation
Training course (online or in-person) offered by a RSB Senior expert (training materials in English), with customised exercises.
RSB’s advisory team will carry out the adaptation of a certification protocol for a country or a region considering the RSB Principles & Criteria and the scope (feedstock and products) requested by the client.
The development of a national or regional interpretation of the RSB indicators will also include stakeholder consultation (industry, farmers, NGOs, academia, government institutions) to contextualize and test the draft RSB indicators and guidance.
The RSB team will lead the process and can have support of local experts.
RSB National or regional indicators and a summary report of the process.
*Please note that national RSB indicators need to be approved by RSB before coming into force.
RSB’s market-leading Greenhouse Gas calculation enables your business to identify how to maximise emissions reductions.
For the first time, a smallholder group with 20 family farmers and a cooperative earned RSB certification in Brazil. The project in the Montes Claros region, located in Minas Gerais state of Brazil, is a pioneer as the first RSB smallholder certification in Brazil, using RSB principles and criteria adapted to smallholder groups.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.