Public Consultation on the Revision of the RSB Principles & Criteria
We are pleased to invite you to participate in the 60 day public consultation on the revision of the RSB Principles & Criteria (RSB-STD-01-001), which sets out the core sustainability requirements of our best-in-class standard.
This revision process begins at a pivotal moment for the global bio-based and circular economy, with the last 18 months seeing advances in climate mitigation commitments across all sectors as businesses re-evaluate the sustainability of their business models and align their climate commitments with the Paris Agreement.
At the same time, policy makers are defining ambitious regional and sector-specific frameworks for sustainability and climate change mitigation, the finance sector is exploring new sustainable finance models, and multilateral organisations are looking for new ways to invest significant funds that create multiple positive impacts and resilient futures. Within all of these endeavours, RSB’s robust sustainability framework – set out in the RSB Principles & Criteria – is frequently highlighted as a flagship model for sustainable production, and used as a basis for investment to mitigate sustainability risks.
As a central focus, RSB proposes to review the Principles & Criteria through a climate smart lens, with the ambition to facilitate feedstock producers and their supply chains to increase productivity, enhance resilience and reduce GHG emissions.
We therefore invite you to contribute to the revision of the RSB Principles & Criteria, to help support the creation of innovative solutions that transform global economies from extractive to restorative, creating positive impacts for people and nature.
Below you will find all the information on how to participate and what you can expect from the next steps.
How to Participate
- Review the consultation document, which can be accessed here.
- Download the consultation feedback template here (this is a Word document which will automatically download).
- Return the template to Nicola Noponen ([email protected]), RSB’s Standards Director, by 5th November 2021.
The next steps for the revision of the public consultation are:
- The first consultation closes on 5th November 2021.
- Results of the first consultation are presented and discussed at the RSB Annual Conference (more information below).
- The second consultation will open in January 2022.
- Approval of the proposed revisions by the RSB Assembly of Delegates in November 2022.
RSB Annual Conference 2021
We will be speaking to the initial results of the public consultation during the RSB Annual Conference from 15-18 November 2021.
What you can look forward to during the 15th November session on the revision of the Principles & Criteria:
- Highlights of feedback received from the consultation so far.
- Feedback from key NGOs on why RSB provides such a robust framework.
- Updates on the revision process and how to continue engaging with it.
- A deep dive into the most cutting-edge and pivotal sustainability topics, including climate smart agriculture, and discussion on how they should be included in the RSB Principles & Criteria.
- Your chance to contribute to the future fitness of the RSB approach for the bio-based and circular economy.
Access to the RSB Annual Conference is free for members and available to non-members at 200 Euros – which gives you access to 4 days of events and discussions covering topics including the revision of the RSB Principles & Criteria, implementing RSB’s sustainability framework in the real world, and much more.