Our Standard is based upon our 12 Principles & Criteria, which are built on the best of social, legal, environmental and management practice.
These provide the foundation for sustainable production against our Standard, which:
- Is global and applicable to all bio-based feedstocks and waste & residue material
- Covers any bio-based feedstock, biomass-derived material and any advanced fuel, as well as complete supply-chains and novel technologies
- Is regularly updated to reflect best practice and developments in the bioeconomy
- Is supported by expertly developed guidance tools for maximum efficiency in the applying the standard
- Is recognised the strongest and most trusted of its kind by organisations like WWF, NRDC and IUCN
- Is widely recognised by regulatory authorities in Europe, the US and elsewhere, allowing RSB certified products swift approvals and preferential market access
- Is a full member of ISEAL and complies with all of ISEAL’s rigorous and internationally recognised codes for sustainability standards.